Heart Disease and Stroke Prevention Program
This sophisticated and proactive program offers the most advanced technology and comprehensive laboratory screening to accurately measure your risk of developing vascular disease, partnering with three cardio-diagnostic leaders for measurement of risk:
- Panasonic CardioHealth Station: This non-invasive ultrasound-based system performs an automated measurement of the carotid intima-media thickness, identifying your risk for having or developing plaque in the arteries.
- Genetic Risk Testing: Genetic testing such as KIF6, ApoE and 9p21 identifies your genetic risk for heart disease and stroke.
- Lipid particle fractionionation: Markers such as myeloperoxidase, LpPLA2, high sensitivity CRP, and urinary inflammatory markers reflect your levels of inflammation and oxidative stress that lead to vascular disease. Advanced lipid panels, using proprietary technology to determine lipoprotein particle size and density, reveal even more about your risk.
- Cutting-edge inflammatory markers
Did you know?
- 1 out of 3 deaths in the US each year are due to cardiovascular disease.
- 2150 American die of cardiovascular disease each day.
- 34% of deaths from cardiovascular disease occur before the age of 75.
- Approximately every 34 seconds 1 American has a coronary event.
- Approximately every minute an American will die of a coronary event.
- In the US someone has a stroke every 40 seconds and dies of a stroke every 4 minutes.