Choosing a quality personal trainer can prove to be a challenging task.
Below are basic guidelines for selecting a personal trainer:
1. Choose a personal trainer with a high quality certification:
- ACSM – American College of Sports Medicine
- NSCA – National Strength & Conditioning Association
- ACE – American Council on Exercise
2. Choose a personal trainer who specializes in your needs. For example:
- Sports Specific
- Older Adult Fitness
- Strength Training
3. Request a free 15-30 minute consultation.
- Quality personal trainers offer free consultations to potential clientele.
- Consultations are meant to determine the fit of the personal trainer to the client and vice versa.
4. Desirable qualities:
- A personal trainer with a college degree in exercise science.
- A personal trainer who carries professional liability insurance.
- A personal trainer who is willing to share references, should you want to speak with a current client.
If you are unsure about choosing a personal trainer, I encourage you to reach out to me. I am happy to review credentials, speak with personal trainers, and work with you to find the best fit!