16 oz. whole branzino, scaled, gutted, head and tail still on
3 lb. box of Kosher salt
- Make sure your fish is at room temperature before you start. Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
- Pour the entire box of Kosher salt into a large roasting pan. Place the pan into the oven to warm up the salt.
- While you heat up the salt, brush both sides of the branzino generously with olive oil.
- When the oven has finished pre-heating, pull out the roasting pan, and bury the branzino in the salt. It should be evenly covered with salt.
- Bake the fish for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven, crack the salt crust, and carefully remove the fish from the salt bed.
- Brush the remaining salt from the fish. Plate and serve immediately. Have some lemon wedges handy at the table.